FAQ/ INDOOR CAT TIPS
The Answers You Need
HOW CAN I CONTAIN MY CAT(S)?
Indoor cats are becoming a more & more popular choice by owners these days due to all the challenges cats face in the outdoors.
At QT Community CATs we support this, and have provided tips & tricks to help you contain your cat safely at home, while still enriching their lives through cat toys, scratch posts/ climbing trees and most importantly, a simple box! Affordable toys can be purchased from Kmart or The Warehouse, plus many more local online stores.
Listed below are some options to create an outdoor 'catio', with the use of a cat door leading outside from a window or door. By giving your cat their own outdoor space you can be assured that your cat is always safe, and they have their own private space to have a cat nap & play with bugs in all while in the security of your own home.
Pros to having indoor cats:
1. Being hit by a car
2. Animal traps
3. Poisoning- accidental or intentional (pinedone, anti-freeze, pest repellents etc)
4. Fighting with wild animals (possums, ferrets etc)
5. Exposure to disease from other animals
6. Complaints and threats from neighbours/ locals
7. Rain, wind and cold/ harsh winters
8. Loneliness and fear
9. Getting caught in a car engine, garage, holiday home etc
10. Fleas, ticks, parasites and worms
11. Getting collars caught
12. Being stolen/ used for dog bait
13. Cruelty from strangers
14. Infections from wounds
15. Contracting FIV, FIP or feline leukemia